Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Olioboard

The other day at work, I was day dreaming about my future "Home Office" I often day dream about spaces for myself. I try and keep it realistic and not get too crazy. I was thinking black and white colour scheme, kind of feminine, built-ins for storage, with a furniture piece desk...

Later at work I was checking Twitter and came across a tweet from Brian Gluckstein. He had asked if anyone had used Olioboard, what they thought, Polyvore vs. Olioboard? I had never heard of either (shame on me) so I instantly googled them.

Olioboard just looked a little more interesting to me and before I knew it I was at work making a design board for my future home office, it was just that easy!

This is what I came up with,


Built-ins, check. Black and white, check. Furniture pieces, check.

This is such a cool way to show friends, family, clients, what they can do with their space. It can be interactive, or they could do it on their own time and show you what they come up with and you can go from there. If I had clients, and an Ipad2, I would totally use this on a daily basis.

Something else that is so great about this program is that everything is already sourced for you. What that means is, often times in school we would make these presentation boards, and then have to jot down all the info, price, size, where to buy, etc. This program has a small box on the bottom left side, and when you chose an object, you can see who makes it, cost, and where to shop. These design boards can also be saved to your account, published or saved as jpegs. It is FOOL PROOF!

I was thoroughly impressed. I hope you are too! Go ahead, log on, try for free, and let  you imagination take you to a different room, have fun :)

-AR

No comments:

Post a Comment